Low Stress Handling Restraint and Behavior Modification of Dogs & Cats: Techniques for Developing Patients Who Love Their Visits
- Lifetime warranty
- Free shipping on orders $59.99+ USD
- In stock, ready to ship
Dr. Sophia Yin, author of the Small Animal Veterinary Nerdbook, is a veterinarian, applied animal behaviorist, author, and speaker. Her passion for animals and their proper handling and restraint led her to spend hundreds of hours on this project - a new book and instructional DVD set focused on the most humane techniques that reduce stress for people and pets.
The book and DVD feature:
• More than 1,600 photos that show practicing veterinarians and students how to handle dogs and cats correctly
• Explanations of what vets think they’re doing right but may actually be doing wrong
• Three hours of video clips with voiceover narratives that show correct and incorrect handling procedures
By using this training tool, vets will:
• Be able to implement the most up-to-date handling techniques
• Learn how to restrain animals correctly through behavior modification that does not involve coercion, dominance, or other negative training methods
• Increase efficiency because patients will willingly comply with procedures
• Stop perpetuating behavior problems in patients
• Create a safer environment for themselves and and their team with fewer bites, scratches, and back injuries
• Improve the bond between vet, pet, and client
This new book and DVD quickly and painlessly teaches how to handle dogs and cats with ease and grace, showing veterinarians how to impress clients and create patients who willingly comply with treatments and procedures.
This visual guide is the result of hundreds of hours of research and a dedication to intelligent and compassionate behavior modification in animals. Over 1,600 photos and three hours of video clips make it easy to recognize poor handling methods that can cause behavior issues for a lifetime. Dr. Yin shows the wrong way, and then the right way, to clearly illustrate exactly how and why a pet reacts the way she does.
The benefits of low-stress handling are tremendous; practicing these refined handling skills will create a safer work environment, increase efficiency, and ultimately improve the bond between vet, pet, and client.
- Publisher : CattleDog Publishing; 1st edition (June 15, 2009)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 480 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0964151847
- ISBN-13 : 978-0964151840
- Item Weight : 2.61 pounds
- Dimensions : 6.5 x 0.98 x 9.69 inches