40 Projects for Building Your Backyard Homestead: A Hands-on, Step-by-Step Sustainable-Living Guide (Spiral Bound)
- Lifetime warranty
- Free shipping on orders $49.99+
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
This spiral book would be the perfect gift for the craftsman/craftswoman in your life. When searching for the best DIY book, 40 Projects for Building Your Backyard Homestead is a great choice. The spiral bound version of 40 Projects for Building Your Backyard Homestead is great for those who really use and abuse their books. Our proprietary binding helps you lay this title flat for easier reading and handling. If you’re looking for DIY books for those with arthritis, or those with less counter space, then the spiral bound version of 40 Projects for Building Your Backyard Homestead is the only way to go.
Learn all about how to build sheds, feeders, fences, and other backyard structures to enhance your sustainable living!
- Garden structures: Raised beds, planters and arbors, self-watering beds, grow-light stand, soil blocks
- Fences and pens: Fence post basics, picket fence, solar electric fence, installing and stretching fences, hen pen and hurdle, gates, PVC hen pen
- Housing chickens: Basics for housing chickens, building a coop and run, complete material and cutting lists, exploded views, building an A-frame chicken tractor
- Building sheds: Basics for building, goat shed, saltbox garden shed, backyard-homestead shop, roofing alternatives
- Solar and wind power: Compressor and gearbox windmills, how solar works, erecting a windmill, installing a solar power system
- Aquaponics and hydroponics: Understanding aquaponics, understanding hydroponics, basics of a DIY aquaponic system, how to install a hydroponic system
- Building beehives: Langstroth beehive, Warré beehive, top-bar beehive (aka the Kenyan or Tanzanian beehive), step-by-step building instructions and exploded views
- Plumbing and wiring: Plumbing basics, ground-fault circuit interrupters, freeze-proof watering options, outdoor wiring, supplemental lighting
The projects in this book are designed with simplicity, convenience, and budget in mind. You will also find help on how to expand or contract the projects to suit your needs.
- Publisher : Creative Homeowner; First edition (August 6, 2013)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 256 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1580117104
- ISBN-13 : 978-1580117104
- Item Weight : 2.02 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 0.44 x 10.88 inches