The Home Blacksmith: Tools, Techniques, and 40 Practical Projects for the Home Blacksmith (Spiral Bound)
- Lifetime warranty
- Free shipping on orders $59.99+ USD
- In stock, ready to ship
This spiral book would be the perfect gift for the blacksmiths in your life. When searching for the best DIY book, The Home Blacksmith is a great choice. The spiral bound version of The Home Blacksmith is great for those who really use and abuse their books. Our proprietary binding helps you lay this title flat for easier reading and handling. If you’re looking for blacksmithing books for those with arthritis, or those with less counter space, then the spiral bound version of The Home Blacksmith is the only way to go.
- 40 complete projects for chisels, punches, drawer pulls, candle holders, gate latches, hoof picks, and more
- Step-by-step instructions help you follow along with every process
- Over 500 photos illustrate every tool, project, and procedure in extremely useful detail
- Learn the science of metalworking and understand the behavior of heated metal and how it moves
- Set up your shop safely and economically, learn how to salvage steel, and learn about the essential tools you'll need
- Explore the evolution of blacksmithing around the world and the differences between the tools specific to each region
If you are a beginner blacksmith—or an experienced smith looking for a reference or to expand your knowledge—The Home Blacksmith is the perfect place to start!
The incredible photography throughout this book takes you through every process, offering step-by-step visuals for the projects, troubleshooting advice, and illustrating the essential techniques and skills you'll need to master—from beginner to advanced. Also included is a glossary of terms used throughout the book that will help acquaint you with blacksmithing lingo.
Here are just a few of the items you'll learn how to create inside The Home Blacksmith:
- Nails, staples, rivets, and strap hinges
- Garden trowel (hand spade), garden hand rake, utility knife
- Dinner triangle, coat hook, BBQ fork, shears
- Fireplace set including a poker, shovel, broom, and an andiron
- Campfire tripod and spit set with S-hook
- Leaf-shaped incense holder
- Shelf bracket with a square corner
- Bathroom set including toilet paper holder and towel bar
Well written by an experienced blacksmith, The Home Blacksmith thoroughly lays out the essential considerations to getting started, such as what tools you will need, how to set up your shop safely, and how to source inexpensive materials so your new craft—or trade—doesn't empty your bank account. You'll also get tips on how to sell your finished items.
Join the do-it-yourself revolution with the time-honored craft of blacksmithing and let The Home Blacksmith be your guide!
- Publisher : Fox Chapel Publishing; New edition (June 6, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 224 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1497101263
- ISBN-13 : 978-1497101265
- Item Weight : 1.38 pounds
- Dimensions : 7.01 x 0.63 x 8.98 inches